White Fern Leigh Kasperek was in fine form as the Wellington Blaze got revenge on the Northern Spirit. It didn’t take Leigh Kasperek long to make an impact, once she was back in New Zealand, out of managed isolation, and playing for the Wellington Blaze once more. Her 14-day hotel stay ended on December 27 and on January 1 she was at Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui to face the Northern Spirit. By her own admission, she felt “a little bit lost” as she made 17 off 11 and took 1-20 off two overs in the Blaze’s first loss since 2018. But a week later, back at the Basin Reserve, she was the star of the show, taking 4-16 and making an unbeaten 20 off 30 as they got revenge with a win over the same opponent. READ MORE:Amy Satterthwaite excited by historic Twenty20 fixture under lights at Hagley Oval Super Smash: Finn Allen plays finest knock yet as Wellington Firebirds beat Otago VoltsSuper Smash: Sophie Devine makes fastest century in her return to the Wellington BlazeFour double-headers as White Ferns host England, Australia for Twenty20s, ODIs Then on Thursday, against the Otago Sparks at University of Otago Oval in… Read full this story
- Sophie Devine's form gives New Zealand hope of success
- New Zealand's acting prime minister claims Australia copied its flag
- SIXTH person is confirmed to have died in New Zealand volcano disaster: Death toll could reach 14, with eight missing, presumed killed – as police investigate amid fears of another eruption
- India vs New Zealand: Domestic grind keeps Cheteshwar Pujara battle sharp
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Personally why I play the game’ - Fit-again Trent Boult sends out early warning ahead of Test series
- India vs New Zealand 1st Test: Lockie Ferguson not expected to recover in time from calf injury
- Will New Zealand's three-pronged fork skewer England?
- New Zealand Will Be "In Trouble" If They Just Focus On Jasprit Bumrah: Ross Taylor
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: Sophie Devine fires New Zealand to 7-wicket win over Sri Lanka
- India vs New Zealand: Ishant Sharma will add new dynamic to Indian bowling attack - Ross Taylor
White Fern Leigh Kasperek back in the groove after long wait to return to New Zealand have 347 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.