The United States has passed the milestone of 350,000 COVID-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data, even as vaccinations against the coronavirus-caused disease get off to a slow start. As countries around the world tighten lockdowns, impose curfews, ban large get-togethers and even halt alcohol sales to tackle a surge in coronavirus cases, officials in India and the U.S. announced some progress toward expanded immunization campaigns as infections rates continued to climb on multiple continents. New Delhi staged nationwide drills Saturday to launch one of the world’s biggest coronavirus vaccination programs as the country’s drug regulator approved two vaccines — one developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University, the other by Bharat Biotech and the state-run Indian Council of Medical Research — for emergency use. India, the world’s second most populous country, has more than 10.3 million confirmed COVID-19 infections, second only to the United States. Reuters reported Friday that little was known about the clinical trials that informed the emergency use authorization and that Indian officials said approval of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine was “subject to multiple regulatory conditionalities,” without providing details. In the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Saturday said the country had administered more… Read full this story
- Teacher Sentenced to Death by Hanging for Killing Student over Stolen Bag
- Colorado Senate backs off on death penalty repeal
- Colorado Senate backs off death penalty repeal
- Actor and celebrity Danny Glover visits Boys & Girls Club in Pass Christian
- The plan to repeal the death penalty in Colorado is coming undone
- Colorado was set to repeal the death penalty this year. What went wrong?
- Religious Refusal Bill Passes Texas Senate
- 19 U.N. Workers Were Among the Victims in Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash
- Deaths and injuries prompt sweeping AG nursing home investigations and safety reforms
- “Death with Dignity” Bill Will Create a Perfect Crime
US Passes 350,000 COVID-19 Deaths have 304 words, post on www.voanews.com at January 3, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.