COVID-19 hospitalizations across the United States reached their lowest point since January 2 on Sunday, with 124,387 Americans getting inpatient treatment for coronavirus. That’s down from the January 6 peak of 132,476 people hospitalized, according to data from the COVID Tracking Project. Sunday saw another 174,513 new infections reported in the US, bringing the all-time total cases to more than 23.9 million. But daily case numbers have fallen in 10 states, offering a glimmer of hope that the US may finally be making some progress in the fight against coronavirus. That’s despite Joe Biden administration’s fears another 100,000 Americans will die in the next five weeks with Dr Anthony Fauci backing the president elect’s plan to vaccinate 100 million in 100 days. Incoming CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky told CBS’ ‘Face the Nation’ Sunday that 100,000 deaths can be expected in the month. ‘By the middle of February, we expect half a million deaths in this country,’ she said. Another 1,723 people died of COVID-19 on Sunday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That’s down considerably from the 3,000 to 4,000-plus deaths of the previous five days, but Sunday numbers tend to be low, and the seven-day rolling average daily death toll… Read full this story
- Delhi, Mumbai cases fall: Peak in Covid infections or dip in tests?
- End of pandemic? Expert predicts surge in Omicron cases may bring a return of normality
- COVID outbreak in Mersey hospital grows to nine as Tasmania records 1,185 new cases
- COVID scare at Perth hospital as one of two new local WA cases attends emergency department
- India's new Covid cases hit eight-month high, full impact weeks away
- India’s services sector activity hits 3-month low in December: survey
- Boris Johnson Covid announcement RECAP: PM confirms no new lockdown as we 'ride out Omicron'
- Biden COVID-19 promises on eliminating virus, fixing testing fall flat during first year in office
- Daily Covid cases fall to 194k as 3.7m infected last week and ‘London outbreak slows’
- UK Covid cases down 45% on last week as 120,821 new cases reported
US COVID hospitalizations drop to their LOWEST point since January 2 and new cases fall in ten states - but Biden's COVID experts predict death toll will hit 500,000 by next month as they race to vaccinate 100 million in 100 days have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 18, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.