The State government intends to have at least two Gou Shalas in each taluk of the State to protect cattle from slaughter, Minister for Animal Husbandry Haj and Wakf Prabhu B. Chavan said here on Tuesday.Talking to reporters after a review meeting at the office of the Dakshina Kannada Deputy Commissioner, Mr. Chavan said that the State government has passed the Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Ordinance, which is a strong law against slaughter of cattle. “We need to take care of cattle for which we need at least two Gou Shalas in each taluk. One of these Gou Shalas should be managed by the government. For the other such Gou Shala, the government will give grants,” Mr. Chavan said.While stating his intention to follow the Uttar Pradesh Government’s way of taking care of cattle wherein the government has opened 11 lakh Gou Shalas, Mr. Chavan said that with shortfall in the revenue of the State government, it is difficult to get more funds. “But, I am trying to get more allocation for animal husbandry in the forthcoming budget,” he said. The Minister said that he will also address problems of Gou Shalas in getting grants from… Read full this story
- China not manipulating currency but lacks transparency, United States says
- Man arrested for groping woman on flight says 'President says it's OK to grab women's private parts'
- Transcript: Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif on "Face the Nation," Sept. 30, 2018
- Turkish media say Saudi vehicle scouted forest
- Australian lawmaker says MH17 was her most emotional time
- Russia says Iran deal needed to deter NKorea
- Pres. Trump says Saudi operation 'worst cover up ever'
- 'They Are Humans': Pakistani Prime Minister Says He'll Grant Citizenship to 1.5 Million Refugees
- Prime Minister Says Jews Are ‘Hook-Nosed,’ Claims That Number of Those Killed in Holocaust Is Inaccurate
- South African finance minister criticized after testimony
Two Gou Shalas in each taluk of the State, says Minister have 305 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.