Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa said on Tuesday that he is confident that the new fisheries harbour at Hejamadi Kodi in Udupi district will be ready in two years from now.Addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stone for building the harbour at an estimated cost of ₹ 180.84 crore, which includes ₹ 13.24 crore for acquiring 12.20 acres of private land, the Chief Minister said that he has instructed the department concerned to complete the project in two years. He said that he had announced the launching of the project in the Budget for 2020-21.The Chief Minister said that of the project cost, the Union government will give ₹ 69.30 crore and the share of the State government stood at ₹ 111.54 crore. The Union government has already released ₹ 13.86 crore for the project from its share. Once commissioned, the new port will reduce pressure on fisheries harbours both at Malpe and Mangaluru.Funds will not be a constraint to complete the project, he said and added that there should be no compromise on the quality of works and there should not be any delay, Mr. Yediyurappa said.The State with a coastline of 320 km and with around 8,000 hectares… Read full this story
- Google's new app building tool Flutter is ready to fly
- Apple insider says exciting new augmented reality glasses are just two years away
- Iran-US tensions are reaching new heights – and neither is likely to blink
- Ready Player One Finds The Bleak Limits Of Nostalgia
- Steven Spielberg Doesn't Get to Complain About Netflix Movies Qualifying for Oscars in a Post-Ready Player One World
- Who's who in Team Boris after brutal cull of Theresa May era: Boris Johnson tells his new-look 'Brexit Cabinet' that Britain is at a 'pivotal moment'
- 35 years of New Order in 60 short minutes
- Donald Trump makes emergency appeal after Federal judge rules he is NOT immune from prosecution and must turn over eight years of tax returns to probe into hush money for Stormy Daniels
- Man killed in third shark attack off Australia's popular Cid Harbour
- How to install Kodi on your Chromebook
New fisheries harbour at Hejamadi Kodi likely to be ready in two years have 333 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.