Perhaps more than any other team in the NBA , the Cleveland Cavaliers should know that fueling LeBron James ‘ competitive fire is an exercise fraught with risk at the best of times. It would appear, however, that not everybody connected with the organization received that memo. On Monday night, James returned to Cleveland for the first time in over two years and was left nonplussed to see an unnamed Cavs executive celebrating him missing a three-pointer at the end of the third quarter, which left the home side 89-87 ahead against the Los Angeles Lakers . As can be seen in the clip below, the four-time NBA champion looked towards a member of the Cavs’ front-office group, which was sat across the Cavs’ bench, and acknowledged the jibe with a knowing nod. James exacted his revenge in the fourth quarter, single-handedly outscoring the Cavs as he dropped 21 of his 46 points in an outburst reminiscing of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant , the perfect tribute to mark the first anniversary of the latter’s tragic death in a helicopter crash just outside Los Angeles. James drained nine of the 10 shots he attempted in the final period, leading the… Read full this story
- LeBron James: Lakers need ‘roster that can bring more wins’
- One reason for hope for every NBA non-playoff team, including ageless LeBron James, return of Damian Lillard
- 'He's built for these moments': Chris Paul takes over in 4th quarter to lead Phoenix Suns to Game 1 win over New Orleans Pelicans
- The Bill Russell Case for LeBron as Lakers Player-Coach
- Warriors dig early hole with misses, Cavaliers don't let them out, win 115-101 to force Game 7 - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Young's 38 lift Hawks past Cavs for No. 8 playoff seed
- Trae Young's 38 lift Hawks past Cavs for No. 8 playoff seed
- Cavs' Kevin Love sums up team's surprising success: 'Combination of a lot of things'
- Premier League hits and misses: Knotweed entangles Man Utd again? Arsenal's top-four bid over?
- This NBA season was not fantastic
LeBron James Outscores Cavs in 4th Quarter After Exec Got 'Too Excited' Seeing Him Miss have 323 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.