(CNN) The Houston Rockets are moving on from franchise superstar James Harden. They have traded the 31-year-old to the Brooklyn Nets as part of a three-team deal, the Nets announced on Thursday. In return for Harden, Houston is acquiring Caris LeVert and Rodions Kurucs from the Nets, Dante Exum from the Cleveland Cavaliers, three first-round picks from the Nets, one first-round pick from the Cavaliers via the Milwaukee Bucks, and four first-round pick swaps from the Nets. In a separate deal, Houston is trading LeVert and a second-round pick to the Indiana Pacers for guard and two-time All-Star Victor Oladipo, according to The Athletic’s Shams Charania. Harden, an eight-time All-Star, was acquired by the Rockets from the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2012. Read More While in Houston, he was voted the league’s best player for the 2017-18 season and led the Rockets to the playoffs in all eight years. Visit CNN.com/sport for more news, videos and features Harden reacts during the Rocket’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers last December. “Adding an All-NBA player such as James to our roster better positions our team to compete against the league’s best,” said Nets General Manager Sean Marks. “James is one of… Read full this story
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal: Thunder considered trading James Harden for me on draft day 2012
- Report: Wizards’ owner rejected trade for James Harden
- James Harden says playing in every game should matter in MVP voting
- Wizards’ owner says finances were not a factor in turning down deal for James Harden
- Did James Harden not resting during season come back to bite him in playoffs?
- Warriors use tag-team approach to stifle James Harden
- Bradley Beal recalls being nearly dealt to Thunder for James Harden in trade that might've changed NBA history
- Bradley Beal recalls nearly being dealt to Thunder for James Harden in trade that might've changed NBA history
- What if the Bulls did trade Scottie Pippen? Exploring three blockbusters deals that never happened
- What if the Bulls did trade Scottie Pippen? Exploring three blockbusters deals that never came to fruition
Houston Rockets trade James Harden to Brooklyn Nets in blockbuster three-team deal have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.