Video PlayerClose NICOSIA, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) — The team of scientists advising the government of Cyprus on the coronavirus pandemic has suggested a staggered relaxation of the lockdown measures as of the beginning of February, officials said here on Monday. The team briefed President Nicos Anastasiades on the coronavirus situation and suggested a gradual relaxation of the restrictions following a three-week lockdown, during which all businesses except essential services had to remain closed and movement was restricted. CyBC state radio quoted unnamed officials as saying that the scientists suggested the reopening of retail shops, barber shops and hair and beauty parlors on Feb. 1. Restaurants and other hospitality venues may remain closed until March, when the country is expected to start an extensive vaccination campaign against coronavirus. Restrictions on movement and a night-time curfew will also remain in force until mid-February, with people entitled to go out twice a day after notifying the authorities in text messages and receiving a permission. The Council of Ministers is scheduled to decide on the proposed changes on Wednesday, according to CyBC radio. The hospitality sector was restricted to delivery services in some districts of the eastern Mediterranean island in October and the measure… Read full this story
- Coronavirus | Ease lockdown in phases, public health experts tell Tamil Nadu
- 'Superspreader city' London faces total lockdown in DAYS as Boris Johnson says he 'rules nothing out' and 20,000 troops are put on standby to enforce new laws - after UK's daily death rate DOUBLED to 33 in 24 hours
- Top public health expert says U.S. 'not out of the woods' in coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: UK 'may relax' 2m rule as lockdown exit plan looms
- Coronavirus: Staggered work times considered when lockdown eases
- Ban on hot desking and staggered shifts proposed under post lockdown measures
- Tamil Nadu Expert Panel Says Only Gradual Lifting of Lockdown Possible
- Coronavirus Australia: Restrictions to be relaxed early, Scott Morrison announces
- Coronavirus: What is the hidden health cost?
- Coronavirus: United States hits one million virus cases as states begin lifting lockdown measures
Health experts suggest staggered relaxation of Cyprus' near-total lockdown have 330 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.