Nocturnal curfews will be applied if the incidence of coronavirus cases of 100 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants is crossed. This is what the draft of Germany’s new Infection Protection Act says. So far, curfews in Germany have only been used selectively. Other countries are using them more extensively: France and the Netherlands, for example, but also Turkey, Morocco, and Tunisia. In Argentina, nighttime restrictions have been in effect again since Friday for more than half of the citizens. The argument in favor of nighttime curfews is: Infections often happen in private. According to the theory, such contacts and thus the spread of the virus can be reduced by curfews . A majority of Germans would support them if they were only allowed to temporarily leave their homes at night in exceptional cases to combat the pandemic. At the beginning of April, 56% were in favor of the measure in a survey by the polling institute YouGov, 37% were against it. The results are reported to be representative of the adult population. Watch video 01:54 Share France tightens restrictions Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3rTlM France steps up fight against 3rd wave of infections But are night… Read full this story
- Fact check: what will a no-deal Brexit really mean?
- Fact check: Trump says the US has given 'massive' assistance to the Kurds. What do the facts say?
- AP fact check: Trump's election fiction on GOP wins, economy
- Fact-checking Home Alone: what if it really happened?
- Fact check: Who taxed your petrol the most
- Fact check: Is Brexit to blame for upheaval at three of Devon's biggest brands?
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: What Merkel means — EPP fight night — Trump vs. facts
- The 14 DIY health checks to help you spot the signs of killer heart disease, cancer and meningitis
- How to check if Black Friday deals are cheaper
- The Latest: California city orders curfew amid power outages
Fact check: How effective are nighttime curfews? have 321 words, post on www.dw.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.