“I am going to retire soon from promoting solar rooftop projects, and I will be so happy,” Nguy Thi Khanh said on her Facebook in July. As the founder and executive director of Green Innovation and Development (Green ID), a Vietnamese non-profit working to promote sustainable energy development in Vietnam over the last 10 years, Khanh has been known for her tireless effort to promote solar rooftops and other environmental solutions in the country. And it is hard to believe that she will be retiring. However, Khanh is confident that the government has stepped in and will help bring rooftop solar projects to a new level. Khanh shared her high hopes at a meeting hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Trade on July 9 about sustainable development and connecting the national grid to renewable energy sources and solar rooftops. In 2018, Green ID launched the One Million Green Roofs Initiative. Back then, “many people thought that we would fail as the goal was too ambitious and unrealistic,” she recalled. Two years later, when Vietnam Electricity Southern Power (EVN SPC) announced their aim for two million solar rooftops during a July meeting, it was a sign that things had changed and the… Read full this story
- Chinese internet firms falling behind on renewable energy goals - Greenpeace
- Fukushima unveils plans to become renewable energy hub
- UK and France 'may miss EU renewable energy target'
- Britain’s renewable energy investment boom is a story rarely told
- Renewable energy: climate crisis 'may have triggered faster wind speeds'
- Chinese internet firms falling behind on renewable energy goals: Greenpeace
- Kiran Energy Solar Power, ReNew Power Ventures and Bharat Light & Power make headway in the renewable energy sector
- SE Asia Stocks-Bounce back as Middle East tensions fade, Thailand leads
- Renewable funding solutions sought
- Windfarms aren’t the real reason energy bills are rising. Blame the free market
Vietnam all set for leading SE Asia in renewable energy have 300 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.