WASHINGTON: U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Thursday setting guidance for federal agency use of artificial intelligence in government decision-making. The White House said Trump was setting nine principles for the design, development, acquisition and use of AI in government in an effort “to foster public trust and confidence in the use of AI, and ensure that the use of AI protects privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties.” The order directs agencies to prepare inventories of AI-use cases throughout their departments and directs the White House to develop a road map for policy guidance for administrative use. Michael Kratsios, U.S. chief technology officer, said the order “will foster public trust in the technology, drive government modernization and further demonstrate America's leadership in artificial intelligence.” The Trump administration has made artificial intelligence a priority, earlier issuing guidance to federal agencies aimed at limiting “overreach” in regulating the use of AI by private companies, while urging agencies to use AI to eliminate outdated regulations. The order emphasizes AI use must be “lawful; purposeful and performance-driven; accurate, reliable, and effective; safe, secure, and resilient; understandable; responsible and traceable; regularly monitored; transparent; and accountable.” AI is used by numerous government agencies… Read full this story
- Trump Signs Executive Order Keeping Meat Plants Open During Outbreak
- Trump Signs Memo Ordering End to ‘Catch and Release’ Immigration Policy
- Trump signs executive order withdrawing US from TPP trade deal
- Judge Says Trump Signed Statement With Data His Lawyers Told Him Was False
- Donald Trump's TRUTH Social Prohibits 'Excessive Use of Capital Letters'
- 2023 Will Be The Year Of AI Ethics Legislation Acceleration
- Trump Claims New Power to Bar Asylum for Immigrants Who Arrive Illegally
- Trump’s Improvised Path to a Month of Executive Action
- AI And Machine Learning In The Workplace: Preparing For 2023
- What Happened To AI In 2022?
Trump signs order on principles for US government AI use have 300 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 4, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.