Presented by FacebookWelcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. It is Tuesday! We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the co-creators, and readers can find us on Twitter @asimendinger and @alweaver22. Please recommend the Morning Report to friends and let us know what you think. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. coronavirus deaths reported each morning this week: Monday, 282,312; Tuesday, 283,743.Congress is facing a crucial stretch ahead of the Christmas holiday to get multiple big-ticket items resolved, headlined by a potential dual agreement on a government funding package and a long-awaited coronavirus relief deal to wrap up the 116th Congress. The House on Wednesday is expected to approve a one-week stopgap bill to keep the government lights on for another week as negotiators motor toward what they hope will be agreements to fund the government for fiscal 2021 and finance economic needs created by the pandemic (The Hill). The latter goal has remained elusive since July. As The Hill’s Jordain Carney and Cristina Marcos write, lawmakers involved in discussions say that… Read full this story
- Mattis will leave as defense secretary on Jan. 1
- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to step down in February
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on November 25, 2018
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on November 18, 2018
- This Year’s Extreme Weather Showed That the Pentagon Is Not Ready for Climate Change
- Dan Crenshaw started the week as a punchline and ended it as a star. The real story came before that.
- Daily Business Report-Jan. 8, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Sen. Ron Wyden: Facebook bosses ‘racking up the Pinocchios’ on consumer data uses
- Trump declares defeat of ISIS in Syria as US reportedly plans total withdrawal of troops
- Trump’s Border Wall Shutdown Continues Into A New Congress With A Democratic House
The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Congress faces end-of-year crunch; Biden selects his Defense secretary have 304 words, post on thehill.com at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.