NEW YORK — Big names with huge impacts — by not playing. The NFL could put together a talent-packed all-star team of players who missed most or all of this season because of significant injuries or coronavirus opt-outs. From Dak Prescott to Christian McCaffrey to Saquon Barkley to Odell Beckham Jr., this All-Absent Team has enough star power and playmakers that it might beat some actual NFL squads — the Jets and Jaguars? — right now. Bad shoulders, knees and all. Here’s a position-by-position look at this year’s star-studded squad, which includes players who have participated in half of their team’s games or less this season — while also likely ruining some fantasy owners’ fortunes in the process: QUARTERBACK — Dak Prescott, Cowboys. He was off to a fast start, becoming the first player in NFL history to pass for at least 450 yards in three straight games. But he suffered a compound fracture and dislocated right ankle in Week 5 against the Giants and missed the rest of the season. Prescott signed a $31.4 million franchise tag before the season, and the Cowboys can do so again this offseason if they don’t agree to a long-term deal. — Jimmy… Read full this story
- Micah Parsons tops all defenders in Mel Kiper's NFL mock draft
- The Black List 2009: Full Roster
- Lunch Special: Should the Broncos pursue Matthew Stafford?
- Patrick Mahomes makes magic and Tom Brady more history: Neil Reynolds' Final Word on Conference Championships
- FMIA: Spotlight Shines On Tampa Defense Ahead Of Super Bowl LV; Inside The Rams-Lions QB Swap
- FMIA: On The Mack Mistake And Why Super Bowl 53 Will Be Rams-Patriots
- FMIA—Driving The 101 With Sean McVay: On Texting Belichick, Trusting Goff and the Plan for Super Bowl 53
- Broncos Mailbag: Which veteran quarterback would make most sense to acquire?
- FMIA Week 6: Chiefs-Patriots Leaves Expectations in the Rearview
- Analysis: Pac-12 regular season title now in reach, Mathurin's injury leaves Arizona vulnerable indefinitely
Sidelined stars, like Von Miller and Christian McCaffrey, fill out roster for NFL’s All-Absent Team have 310 words, post on www.denverpost.com at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.