MANILA, Philippines — All flights from the United Kingdom to the Philippines are suspended starting Dec. 24 amid reports of a new coronavirus variant believed to be a more infectious variant of the coronavirus disease, Malacañang announced Wednesday morning. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said President Duterte approved the proposal by the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Tuesday night. The temporary travel ban will last until Dec. 31, Roque said. "All passengers who have been in the UK within 14 days immediately preceding arrival to the Philippines, including those merely in transit, are also temporarily restricted from entering the country for the same period," the Palace official said. Passengers already in transit from the UK and all those who have been to the European country within 14 days immediately preceding arrival to the Philippines, who arrive before 12:01 AM of December 24, 2020, will not be subject to entry restriction but they would be required to undergo stricter quarantine and testing protocols. "Outbound travel to the UK shall likewise be subject to the existing exit protocols of the Philippines and the UK," Roque said. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently announced stricter restrictions in his… Read full this story
- Oregon imposes temporary ban on some vaping products
- Trump Extends Asylum Ban for Another 90 Days Despite California Injunction
- New York Attorney General Opens Investigation of Trump Projects
- Trump issues order to ground Boeing 737 Max 8 and 9
- UK joins growing list of countries grounding Boeing 737 Max 8 jets
- AP News in Brief 02-18-19
- Two years after Trump's travel ban, families remain divided
- Two years after Trump's travel ban began, families still 'heartbroken'
- UK lawmakers vote "No" on May's Brexit deal
- Trump order denies visas to immigrants who can't pay for health care
PH orders temporary ban on UK travellers amid new COVID-19 variant have 284 words, post on globalnation.inquirer.net at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.