Seven-time Formula One winner Lewis Hamilton and actress Sheila Hancock lead a rollcall of stars of screen, music and sport receiving gongs in the New Year Honours List. Football legends Jimmy Greaves and Ron Flowers were handed MBEs – meaning every surviving member of England’s 1966 World Cup-winning squad has now been honoured by the Queen. On screen, soap stalwarts Sally Dynevor and Nina Wadia were honoured, while Academy Award nominee Lesley Manville is made a CBE and Detectorists star Toby Jones becomes an OBE. Behind the camera, two-time Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins is knighted and Line of Duty writer Jed Mercurio is made an OBE. Influential make-up artist Pat McGrath becomes a dame and Garage star Craig David receives an MBE. But nearly two thirds (65%) of honourees are everyday heroes lauded for their efforts during the coronavirus pandemic – from retired nurses returning to the frontline to furloughed airline staff supporting NHS workers. There were 231 people named in the New Year honours – 18.6% of the total – for their services during the crisis, while public sector staff such as medics, teachers and firefighters making up 14.8% of the list. Boris Johnson said the awards were a… Read full this story
- Lewis Hamilton risked arrest in Dubai after skinny dipping with rapper Nicki Minaj
- Nicki Minaj and Lewis Hamilton flirt on Instagram as rumours of a romance heat up
- Who has Lewis Hamilton dated? From Nicole Scherzinger to Danielle Lloyd and Rita Ora and – F1 champion’s definitive girlfriend list
- Who was Kate Woodcock? How did the F1 Formula model die and what was her relationship with Lewis Hamilton?
- Celebrities ‘involved in tax reduction schemes’ have been ‘blacklisted from knighthoods’ in honours list
- Lewis Hamilton and Nicki Minaj post cosy quad bike snaps on Instagram fuelling dating rumours
- Lewis Hamilton takes Japanese GP pole as Sebastian Vettel struggles to ninth
- Lewis Hamilton takes Japanese GP pole and claims Ferrari are cracking under the pressure as Sebastian Vettel qualifies in ninth
- Lewis Hamilton secures Singapore GP pole with astonishing lap as Sebastian Vettel qualifies third
- Lewis Hamilton takes dominant Singapore GP victory and increases championship lead to 40 points
New Year Honours list 2021 in full - Lewis Hamilton, Craig David and Covid heroes have 344 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.