Mitch McConnell declared Joe Biden president-elect Tuesday for the first time, saying ‘the Electoral College has spoken’ and ending any hope Donald Trump had that establishment Republicans will fight to overturn his defeat. ‘Yesterday electors met in all 50 states,’ McConnell said from the Senate floor on Tuesday. ‘So as of this morning our country has officially a president-elect and a vice president-elect.’ ‘Many millions of us had hoped the presidential election would yield a different result,’ he continued. ‘But our system of government has processes to determine who will be sworn in on January 20. He added: ‘The Electoral College has spoken. So today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden.’ Biden confirmed to reporters that he spoke with McConnell on the phone Tuesday and thanked him for congratulating him on his remarks. ‘I had a good conversation with Mitch McConnell today,’ Biden said before departing for a campaign rally in Georgia for the Senate runoff elections. ‘I called him to thank him for the congratulations.’ He added: ‘I told him although we disagree in a lot of things, there’s things we can work together on.’ Before issuing his congratulations to Biden and vice president-elect Kamala Harris – who… Read full this story
- Donald Trump halts COVID-19 relief talks until after election
- Donald Trump's 2024 campaign theme: 'We wuz robbed and we won't be robbed again,' aides say
- Kamala Harris, AOC, Buttigieg: Who Are the 7 Democrats Likely to Run for President if Biden Bows Out?
- YouTube removes videos posted by Donald Trump, warns against spreading election lies
- Fact Check: Is Donald Trump not invited to Queen Elizabeth II's funeral?
- Donald Trump leaves the White House for the last time before Biden's inauguration
- President Joe Biden: The 2022 60 Minutes Interview
- Joe Biden on brink as Venezuelan voters rally behind Trump in ‘communism’ warning
- Wednesday evening UK news briefing: Joe Biden condemns Vladimir Putin's nuclear threats
- TUCKER CARLSON: Joe Biden is senile, but the Democratic Party is devolving
Mitch McConnell finally admits Donald Trump has LOST as he congratulates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, saying 'the Electoral College has spoken' - but president instead tweets that he WON have 317 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 15, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.