Kate Andersen Brower (@katebrower) is the author of multiple books, including “The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House” and “Exploring the White House: Inside America’s Most Famous Home.” The opinions expressed here are hers. Read more opinion on CNN. (CNN)President Donald Trump has refused to say what he will be doing on Inauguration Day. But while the possibility of his shunning President-elect Joe Biden’s swearing-in ceremony — as well as no sign of an invitation for Biden and his wife, Jill, to the White House before Biden’s swearing-in — may earn Trump headlines, it will do nothing to stop one sacred tradition: The White House’s dedicated residence staff will be moving the Bidens into the White House and the Trumps out on January 20, whether Trump likes it or not. Kate Brower The President is making the job of the dedicated residence staff harder than necessary. We know that at least four residence staffers tested positive for the coronavirus as the President and many of his aides refused to follow Covid-19 protocols, including mask-wearing. I grew to know many people who worked on the residence when I was researching my book, “The Residence,” and it was difficult… Read full this story
- 'Trump's speech at the UN betrayed how little knowledge he actually has about foreign policy'
- After the Ukraine call, many world leaders may duck dealing with Trump
- Opinion: After the Ukraine call, many world leaders may duck dealing with Trump
- Trump ‘saves’ NAFTA as trilateral agreement by obtaining concessions
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by CEFIC: Jean-Claude and Arnie — Putin’s busy weekend — Trump world order
- Trust me, Donald Trump, white South Africans are doing fine
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Lloyds Banking Group: Russian to judgment — Lobby reshuffle scoop — All eyes on Trump
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: How to trump Boris — Immigration nation — BoJo Express
- Trump's immigrant mandate raises new health care questions
- The growing pains of being a millennial
How Trump is making this hard job even harder have 319 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.