REUTERS: Airbnb is requiring most professional hosts outside North America to include all service fees in the rate presented to guests, a move that mirrors how rival platforms operate. Airbnb will require hosts who use third-party software to manage bookings to eliminate the "service fee" paid by guests that is traditionally tacked on to the listing price. Instead hosts will pay a standard fee of 15per cent, up from the typical 3per cent they are assessed now. Hosts interviewed by Reuters said they expect most will raise their listed prices to account for the larger host fee, making the change cost-neutral for most guests and for Airbnb. But hosts with fewer properties expressed some concerns. The new fee structure comes as the San Francisco-based home rental platform prepares to sell shares in its initial public offering this week. Airbnb said early tests show the simplified pricing helped drive 17per cent more bookings. "Following feedback from hosts we recently introduced a simplified host-only fee structure for professional hosts who connect to our API in certain countries,” said Airbnb spokesperson Christopher Nulty. “Our fee structure for individual hosts remains unchanged.” The change will not impact individual hosts on Airbnb who do not… Read full this story
- What happened to arts students when the fees went up?
- Five bedroom, $750k suburban Pennsylvania home with a fully furnished SEX DUNGEON - and it was also for rent on Airbnb
- Use a Simple Budget App to Streamline Your Finances
- Building a respectful homestay culture: Both host and guest hold responsibility
- Holly Willoughby earned £500k for last year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here as her £23k A DAY presenting fee is revealed
- Transgender surgery dreams, a Ferrari to cure anxiety and legal fees for a divisive preacher: The fundraisers GoFundMe DIDN'T take down - as furore over Israel Folau saga builds
- How to Host a Website for Free Using GitHub Pages
- Trump’s other “quid pro quo” is Washington’s biggest open secret
- What Is The Sharing Economy, And What Does It Mean For You?
- The best Android apps (December 2019)
Airbnb streamlines fees as it tilts toward biggest hosts have 343 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.