(CNN)After nearly five breathless days of vote-counting, the American people — and the world — got the news Saturday: Joe Biden would be the next president of the United States. So, where to now, nation? CNN Opinion asked 26 commentators to consider the question: What does the outcome of this election say about America in 2020? The opinions are their own. Penn Jillette: You have one job, Joe Penn Jillette Okay, so it’s not over, there will be court fights, but Joe has won. I used to identify as Libertarian, I used to have opinions on government. I used to think I disagreed with Joe Biden on most everything, but I voted for him. I wanted the other guy fired and I wanted Joe hired and for me the job description is now very simple. I need Joe to love all the Trump supporters. I don’t care if Joe raises taxes. I don’t care if Joe helps add stupid, counterproductive regulations. I don’t care about anything except love and kindness. I’ve never seen Joe as a hero, but now we need a Nelson Mandela. We need MLK. And it needs to be Joe. We need someone who can love the… Read full this story
- Joe Fitzpatrick added to James Tennyson comeback bill
- Joe Maskey and Neil McManus return to Antrim panel for Westmeath clash
- Next up on Joe Thornton’s hit list: the player he calls ‘the man’
- Joe Pavelski hasn't let his looming expiring contract affect his play
- Alex Smith Suffers Gruesome Injury 33 Years After Joe Theismann’s
- Could Lamar Jackson take Joe Flacco's job for stretch run?
- Alex Smith’s Gruesome Injury Gives Joe Theismann a Bad Flashback
- Five things Joe Root's England Test side need to do to make a good Sri Lanka tour into a great one
- Schmidt talk is all quiet in New Zealand but Ireland hero fears Joe will go
- Report: Lamar Jackson could keep starting job over healthy Joe Flacco
"You have one job, Joe" have 322 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.