Minh Phương The founder of a charity in Việt Nam who was awarded one of the UK’s highest honours for her work with disabled children fears the doors to her school may soon close forever. Jackie Wrafter was awarded the MBE by His Royal Highness Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, in 2018, after setting up The Kianh Foundation in 2001. Jackie Wrafter receives her MBE medal from HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. — Photo courtesy of the Kianh Foundation Her school has helped hundreds of children get a vital education, but after the COVID-19 pandemic plunged the world into an economic recession, many of the donations vital for her school have dried up. “Our school is run mainly on international donations, but now in foreign countries many businesses are closing down, countries are beginning to go into recession, people are losing their jobs, people just don’t have spare money to donate to charity anymore,” she said “So that is really severely impacting our monthly intake that we get to run the school.” Jackie and her friends set up The Kianh Foundation in 2001 after visiting an orphanage in the central province of Quảng Nam. “I was backpacking around the world for a year,” she… Read full this story
- Special teachers take disabled children under their wings
- China to further improve disabled children's learning
- UK could offer 'path to citizenship' for Hong Kong's British passport holders
- Woman runs for her life after posing with a BEAR for a photo and it angrily rears up at her
- UK weather forecast: New heatwave could see 30C highs - but rain to come first
- Coronavirus: Parents of disabled children 'cut off and ignored'
- Surprise Surprise: Watch Pharrell Williams give woman shock of her life
- Woman's new yellow rug is mocked for its likeness to a Greggs steak bake - as social media users call it the 'funniest thing they've seen in a while'
- 7.4 million in UK living an almost cashless life, data shows
- Hong Kong: China threatens retaliation against UK for offer to Hongkongers
UK woman offers new lease of life for disabled children have 351 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.