Furious Trump administration officials have hit out at Harvard University after students began a ‘McCarthyist’ petition to prevent them from speaking, teaching or visiting the university. Students from Harvard’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences drafted the petition which has enjoyed less support at the university’s Kennedy School of Government and Harvard Business School, according to Fox News, which suggested the opposition prompted a change of wording. The document initially proposed an outright ban on Trump administration officials speaking, teaching or attending the university but now calls for such officials to be held ‘accountable’ before undertaking these roles, Fox News reported, citing ‘people with direct knowledge of the matter.’ A petition to prevent Trump administration officials from visiting Harvard University has sparked debate among students a week after it was drafted ‘A few other conservative students and I made the point that we can’t just target Republicans, that isn’t what the Kennedy School stands for,’ student Carter Estes told Fox Business. He added that the university has hosted ‘a number of controversial guests over the years’ and said that any guidelines should ‘apply to every speaker, not single out Trump appointees.’ Despite opposition from some schools within the university, the revised… Read full this story
- High-ranking Trump official attends hunting convention
- Harvard Students Stage Sit-In Protest After Professor Denied Tenure
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump grapples with Syria fallout
- Trump Comments on US-China Ties, Afghan Peace Talks, Greenland and Middle East Peace Plan
- Humiliation for Jeremy Corbyn as his Palace confrontation with Donald Trump over the NHS falls flat and he is kept apart from the President - who said he would NOT want the health service even 'on a silver platter'
- Fact check: Trump makes at least 21 false claims at NATO meetings
- Trump made 96 false claims over the last two weeks
- Mike Bloomberg accuses Donald Trump of 'accepting' gun violence as he launches plan for mandatory firearm permits at site of 2012 Aurora mass shooting
- Trump the Destroyer
- The Hill's Morning Report — Pelosi makes it official: Trump will be impeached
Trump officials slam 'McCarthyist' petition from Harvard students to BAN administration officials from teaching, speaking or visiting the university have 336 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.