Video PlayerClose NAIROBI, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) — Five Kenyan police officers were seriously injured on Sunday in a roadside blast in Mandera county along the Kenya-Somali border. Rono Bunei, northeastern regional commander who confirmed the attack said the victims were escorting commuter buses that operate between Mandera and Nairobi. Bunei said two of the police officers are in stable condition while three are in life-threatening situations and have been rushed to the local hospital. Bunei said the latest attack happened after the commuter bus ran over an improvised explosive device that had been planted on the road between Jabibar and Rhamu in Mandera. He said reinforcements have been sent to the area where the attack happened. The east African nation shares a porous border with Somalia and many times the insurgents have carried out cross-border attacks where they also abduct people for ransom. Enditem
- A.J. Hinch, Astros concerned for injured Houston police officer
- Baltimore to pay $50,000 to man allegedly injured by police officer's 'hip throw'
- Who Is Armando Juarez? Texas Home Depot Shooting Person of Interest Identified After Two Police Officers Shot In Dallas
- Man in court accused of sexually assaulting police officer during arrest
- Eight Colombian Police Officers Killed by Roadside Bomb
- Watch the shocking moment a house exploded as police officers approached
- Man arrested after 2 Dallas police officers wounded in shooting
- Dallas police officer dies, two others in critical condition following shooting at Home Depot
- Abu Sayyaf abducts 2 police officers, 2 civilians
- Former Hampton police officer back in Virginia after Idaho arrest; arraignment Thursday
Roadside blast injures 5 Kenyan police officers in border region have 262 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.