Labour has demanded to know if Rishi Sunak still has links to a firm with a £380million stake in US Covid-19 vaccine maker Moderna. The Chancellor was a founder of investment firm Theleme Partners before leaving for politics in 2013. Theleme gained after Moderna’s value soared from £4.7billion to £32bn due to its vaccine success. The Government bought five million doses of its jab this month. Mr Sunak’s investments are in a “blind trust”, which protects against conflicts of interest as he himself does not know what he is invested in. James Murray, Shadow Financial Secretary to the Treasury, urged Mr Sunak to reveal any links to Moderna, saying: “If [he] has nothing to hide, he should come clean.” The Cabinet Office has said it was satisfied with what Mr Sunak put in the register of financial interests. Meanwhile, it emerged Mr Sunak’s wife Akshata Murty, who has £430million of shares in family business Infosys, is richer than the Queen, worth £350million, according to the Sunday Times Rich List. The Moderna row comes amid questions after Infosys won Government contracts worth £22million.
- Rich German family firm reveals Nazi slave past
- Yorkshire is losing out on digital 'jobs of the future' because of its poor transport links, warn business and political leaders
- Parents urged to warn about the Momo ‘suicide challenge’ as three in 10 children have already been affected
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by The Boeing Company: We’re gonna need a longer road — Exclusive Brexit poll — Vote night is on
- Foreign suspicion is hemming in China Inc’s global rise
- Morrisons hikes dividend on confident outlook despite £86m blow to profits
- Morgan family sells control of carmaker
- POLITICO Pro Morning Tech: AI strategies — Terrorist content moderation — Dalton’s new proposals
- Christian Hickey shooting trial: All the evidence heard by the jury day-by-day
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Halloween horror show — Home to face the music — Aussie election fever
Rishi Sunak urged to reveal links to firm with £380m stake in US coronavirus jab maker have 312 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 28, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.