Video PlayerClose YANGON, Nov. 15 (Xinhua) — The ruling National League for Democracy (NLD) party won 920 seats, absolute majority in the general elections held in Myanmar on Nov. 8, according to the final result announced by the Union Election Commission (UEC) on Sunday. In the elections, 5,639 candidates vied for 1,117 parliamentary seats — 315 seats in the House of Representatives (Lower House), 161 seats in the House of Nationalities (Upper House), 612 seats in the Regional or State Parliaments and 29 ethnic minority seats in the Regional or State Parliaments. After the UEC’s voting counts completed on Sunday morning, 920 candidates out of 1,106 candidates fielded by the NLD party were elected to three levels of the parliament — 258 seats in the House of Representatives (Lower House) and 138 in the House of Nationalities (Upper Houses), 501 in the Regional or State Parliaments and 23 ethnic minority seats in the Regional or State Parliaments. The Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) fielded 1,089 candidates and took total 71 seats for the three levels of the parliament — 26 seats for the House of Representatives (Lower House), 7 for the House of Nationalities (Upper Houses) and 38 for… Read full this story
- Tories tear up convention with plan to contest John Bercow's seat in general election
- Pro-independence parties secure majority in Scottish parliament, paving way for new referendum
- A special look by ST on Thailand - Bangkok by-election results a stumble for Thailand's ruling party but not quite for PM Prayut
- Thousands of Scottish Leave voters deserted SNP in general election 'thanks to EU support'
- Myanmar: Aung San Suu Kyi's party wins majority in election
- Tory rebels warned they could face general election which might cost them their seat if they seek to oust Boris Johnson
- Ahead of key polls, India’s ruling party revives Hindu-Muslim dispute
- Ahead of key polls, India's ruling party revives Hindu-Muslim dispute
- Portugal begins early voting in snap general election
- Barbados PM appears to have swept general elections
Myanmar's ruling party grabs majority of parliamentary seats in general elections have 303 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 15, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.