Video PlayerClose BANGKOK, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) — Thailand’s Election Commission (EC) on Monday disclosed that it had already received 8,600 applications from aspiring Thais to run for seats in the Provincial Administrative Organizations (PAO). The EC had received 335 applications for the position of PAO heads, and 8,306 for the position of PAO members, bringing the total number of applications to 8,641, said EC secretary-general Pol. Col. Jarungwit Phumma. Application deadline is until Nov. 6. Jarungwit said the Election Commission will monitor for the election campaign and the spending of each candidate. The public can file a report directly with EC if they witness campaign irregularities and will be rewarded 100,000 baht (3,271 U.S. dollars) if the claims are true. Jarungwit also reminded PAO election candidates to comply with Section 65 of the local elections law, which sets out campaign restrictions similar to those outlined under the organic law on the election of MPs. Candidates will be allowed to display the logos of political parties on their campaign materials, but they must receive the parties’ approval first, he said. Jarungwit also said that after Nov. 13, PAO will announce a list of the applicants and post a list of the… Read full this story
- Upcoming Local Elections in Turkey a Test of Pro-Kurdish Party
- How to register to vote and what you need to know for local elections in May
- Bloc Party: Forget the Issues. Race and Ethnicity Could Play the Key Role in San Antonio’s Upcoming Mayoral Election.
- Some help for following local elections
- Concord agrees to provide accessible voting for the blind at local elections
- Concord agrees to provide accessible voting for the blind in local elections
- Film Star Thai Princess Challenges Generals in Election Bid, in Nation Where Criticizing Royals is Illegal
- What to expect from the upcoming parliamentary elections in Moldova : Indybay
- Local elected officials decry, welcome bill overhauling regulation of Colorado’s oil and gas industry
- As local elections approach, League of Women Voters can help
More than 8,600 Thai applicants vying for upcoming local elections have 315 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 10, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.