A ‘despicable’ care worker has been jailed after she stole more than £8,000 from an 87-year-old pensioner. Donna Marie Smith, 51, admitted defrauding the pensioner, who had dementia, by helping herself to four cheques while working at the client’s home in the Scraptoft area of Leicester, in the East Midlands. The victim has sadly since died – but she never understood why her favourite carer suddenly stopped coming round without saying goodbye. The judge at Leicester Crown Court described Smith’s callous actions towards the frail and vulnerable woman, as ‘quite simply hateful,’ while the victim’s sister-in-law branded her crimes ‘despicable’. Devious care worker Donna Marie Smith has been jailed after she stole more than £8,000 from an 87-year-old pensioner at her home in Leicester Smith fraudulently used the cheques to pay money into her own bank account and even removed the stubs to conceal her crime, which took place between April 2018 and January last year. The 51-year-old defendant, of Millwood Close, Mowmacre Hill, Leicester, initially denied the charge but changed her plea to guilty on the day of trial. The court was told that another carer – who had 20 years experience in the profession – became concerned about… Read full this story
- Long-Term Care Worker - How Does it Differ From a Personal Support Worker?
- Why You May Need a Child Care Worker
- Exploring the Limits of Respite Care Giving
- Choosing Care Homes in North Yorkshire - Scarborough Care Homes
- Choosing Care Homes in East Sussex - Brighton & Hove Care Homes
- Different Types of Health Care Services at Home
- Individualizing the Care of Older Adults - Not Too Late to Start, Yet
- A List of Questions For Your Respite Care Agency
- Do You Need Private Long Term Care Insurance?
- Long-Term Care Insurance - How Does Your Family Structure Affect the LTC Decision?
'Despicable' care worker who stole £8,000 from dementia sufferer, 87, before she died is jailed have 310 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.