Hong Kong (CNN Business)Stocks in Asia jumped on Wednesday, following Wall Street’s rally that saw the Dow pass the 30,000 milestone for the first time, as investors cheered positive vaccine news and signs that a formal transition of power is finally underway in the United States. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index (HSI) rose 1.3%, China’s Shanghai Composite (SHCOMP) was up 0.1% and South Korea’s Kospi (KOSPI) rose 0.7%. Japan’s Nikkei (N225) led the region’s gains, rising around 2% to its highest level since early 1991. Shares in the country’s flagship carrier ANA jumped nearly 3%, after Japan and China announced on Tuesday that they had agreed to resume business travel by end of month. US stock futures were also slightly up. Dow (INDU) futures rose 100 points, or 0.4%. S&P (SPX) futures were up 0.4% and Nasdaq (COMP) futures were up 0.6%. The spate of promising coronavirus vaccine developments in recent weeks is driving the global stocks surge, according to Stephen Innes, chief global market strategist at Axi. Read More “Global investors are elated by the vaccine news,” Innes wrote in a note on Wednesday. Investors are also relieved to see that a formal transition from US President Donald Trump… Read full this story
- Airbnb shares more than double in Wall Street debut
- Wall Street has a new top cop. And Elizabeth Warren is a big fan of him
- Biden Names Ex-Goldman Sachs Banker Turned Wall Street Foe Gary Gensler to Head SEC
- UK drugs watchdog is waiting for Pfizer to send over full results on breakthrough Covid vaccine so it can be approved for December roll-out after trial shows it's safe, 95% effective and works in vulnerable older people
- Infections drop AGAIN as UK records 37,535 more Covid cases and 599 deaths and vaccinations top 4million amid Tory demands for a road map out of lockdown - but Boris warns there won't be a plan for easing curbs until FEBRUARY 15
- State-by-state breakdown of COVID cases, deaths and vaccine rollout: 100,000 Americans are expected to die in next month but cases and hospitalizations ARE slowing across some states - as Fauci says plan to vaccinate 100m in 100 days 'will work'
- India, China may take lead in Asia’s Covid vaccination plans, says Moody’s Analytics
- India, China set to lead vaccine distribution in APAC region: Moody’s Analytics
- Lifting brutal lockdown too early 'could drive MORE virus mutations' and No10 must keep Covid under control during vaccine roll-out, scientist says
- Homeless man gets Covid-19 jab in city council's rough sleepers vaccine drive
Asian stocks rise following Wall Street rally and positive vaccine news have 426 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.