NEW DELHI (AP) — India has registered 44,376 new confirmed coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours. The latest increase has taken the total number of cases to 9.22 million, the Health Ministry said Wednesday. Deaths rose by 481, driving the total fatalities to 134,699. India’s confirmed daily toll has remained below 50,000 for a few weeks, after peaking in September. But several cities have witnessed a surge in cases, prompting some state governments to clamp additional restrictions to contain the spread of the virus. In Mumbai in southern India, travelers from New Delhi, Rajasthan and Gujarat will have to undergo mandatory coronavirus tests before entering the city. The three northern states are witnessing the latest surge in infections. The situation remains grim in New Delhi, which is recording the highest number of cases in the country. The capital is reporting nearly 100 deaths on average every day for the last two weeks. ___ Follow AP’s coverage at https://apnews.com/hub/coronavirus-pandemic and https://apnews.com/UnderstandingtheOutbreak
- Asia Today: India adds 53,000 new cases, Melbourne steadies
- Asia Today: Sources of many cases in Victoria untraceable
- South India accounts for over 40% of India’s active cases, Delhi’s count continues to improve: Covid-19 state tally
- Asia Today: Australian state's infections 'relatively flat'
- India reports 55,000 virus cases, Florida faces hurricane
- India reports 55,000 coronavirus cases, Florida faces hurricane
- Zee Digital rises to 2nd rank among digital media publishers: Comscore India Report June 2020
- Asia Today: Manila back under lockdown as virus cases surge
- Asia Today: Australia may tighten restrictions as cases rise
- Asia Today: Central Japan region put under virus emergency
Asia Today: India reports over 44,000 cases, most in Delhi have 269 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.