A group of gyms and fitness studios in Philadelphia urged the city to reverse its decision to close workout facilities amid the coronavirus pandemic in an online petition this week. The Philadelphia Fitness Coalition, which represents 30 exercise centers throughout the city, started a Change.org petition that has approximately 3,500 signatures at the time of publishing. The group also made a public appearance Tuesday outside city hall to challenge the city's mayor, Jim Kenney , who shuttered gyms for a six-week period, set to conclude in January 2021, according to NBC Philadelphia . Boutique gym owners have joined forces launching the #PhiladelphiaFitnessCoalition . They are challenging @PhillyMayor recent #COVID19 closures saying there's no data supporting spread of virus in gyms. Owners say they need relief and many won't survive. More on @KYWNewsradio pic.twitter.com/9B0Z6ARnNj — Cherri "Mask Up Please" Gregg ???????????? (@cherrigregg) November 24, 2020 "As of November 20th 2020, the City of Philadelphia completely shut down all fitness facilities without showing valid transmission data or providing funds to keep our business afloat," the group wrote. "The mayor has cut off the #1 tool our community uses to maintain their mental and physical wellness. If this continues it will be a… Read full this story
- FMIA Week 13: Packers Fire McCarthy in Merciful Move For Coach, Team
- Retired Youngstown boxer Kelly Pavlik recalls his rise, fall and demons
- Mark VI Chevrolet 502 Engine Build – Lean, Mean, And Clean – Part One
- FMIA: Looking Back at Antonio Brown Trade, Looking Ahead to Free Agency
- The 1 Thing Holding Back Every NBA Contender
- FMIA Divisional Weekend: Doobie Pump and a Big Piece of Cheese—How the Saints Saved Their Season
- 4 Technologies That Are Keeping The Petrol Engine Alive
- Driver Cooling – Hot Enough For Ya?
- Suzuki Kizashi: Tokyo to L.A. — The Hard Way
‘A Death Blow To An Already Decimated Industry’: 30 Gyms Petition Philadelphia To Reverse COVID Closures have 295 words, post on dailycaller.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.