A group of gyms and fitness studios in Philadelphia urged the city to reverse its decision to close workout facilities amid the coronavirus pandemic in an online petition this week. The Philadelphia Fitness Coalition, which represents 30 exercise centers throughout the city, started a Change.org petition that has approximately 3,500 signatures at the time of publishing. The group also made a public appearance Tuesday outside city hall to challenge the city’s mayor, Jim Kenney, who shuttered gyms for a six-week period, set to conclude in January 2021, according to NBC Philadelphia. Boutique gym owners have joined forces launching the #PhiladelphiaFitnessCoalition. They are challenging @PhillyMayor recent #COVID19 closures saying there’s no data supporting spread of virus in gyms. Owners say they need relief and many won’t survive. More on @KYWNewsradio pic.twitter.com/9B0Z6ARnNj — Cherri “Mask Up Please” Gregg ???????????? (@cherrigregg) November 24, 2020 “As of November 20th 2020, the City of Philadelphia completely shut down all fitness facilities without showing valid transmission data or providing funds to keep our business afloat,” the group wrote. “The mayor has cut off the #1 tool our community uses to maintain their mental and physical wellness. If this continues it will be a death blow to… Read full this story
- Does John Lewis warning of closures mean department stores are doomed?
- The 30 greatest British video games
- Dairy factory workers to lose jobs as overseas-owned Lactalis shuts Rockhampton operation
- The Hill's Morning Report — AG Barr, GOP senators try to rein Trump in
- Chinese businesses turn to remote work as coronavirus spreads
- Lobster prices fall as Chinese demand dries up amid coronavirus epidemic - and the delicious crustaceans can be snapped up for just $33
- It Was New Orleans’ Musicians—Not Its Politicians—Who Saved the City Post-Katrina
- FilMart Weighs its Options as Hong Kong Closes Border With China in Virus Response
- Prince Charles praises ‘remarkable’ Greta Thunberg as he says he doesn’t want Prince George and Archie ‘to accuse me of not doing something’ on climate change and humanity ‘simply cannot waste any more time’
‘A Death Blow To An Already Decimated Industry’: 30 Gyms Petition Philadelphia To Reverse COVID Closures have 332 words, post on dailycaller.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.