Around the region there are many countries starting to re-open their borders to allow some business or diplomatic visitors, even tourists, to enter their national borders. The situation is changing frequently and we'd urge you to contact the national embassies in your countries before making any concrete arrangements or paying money for airfares or accommodation before you clarify the situation, specific to your circumstances. Here's some of the latest information as we whip around the region… THAILAND Thailand's Foreign Ministry has confirmed that the new Special Tourist visa will only be available to tourists from countries "deemed to be at low risk from Covid-19". At this stage Thai officials have not identified who the low-risk countries are, but it has been reported in Thai media that the list will probably include China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong. The Thai Sports & Tourism minister has also hinted that the government would probably be admitting selected low-risk "cities", rather than applying the policy to entire countries. None of these details are currently available. The launch date of the STV, meant for the start of October, has been pushed back to at least October 25 after officials "postponed" a trial visit… Read full this story
- Coronavirus update: Anzac Day services cancelled, stock market cops record drop while Trump tells shoppers to 'just relax'
- S'pore-Hong Kong travel bubble burst as Covid-19 management 'strategies differ'
- Coronavirus: Some Of These 24 European Countries Have Closed Their Borders To Tourists
- Coronavirus Dubai: FCO issues urgent new travel warning for UAE - latest update
- Spain holidays: New entry rules for Canary Islands introduced - FCDO update
- Holidays: Latest FCDO travel update for France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Germany & Portugal
- Live: 'There will be no turning back': Andrews outlines 'aspirational' plan to reopen Victoria
- Holidays: France, Italy, Spain, Greece & Portugal latest FCDO advice as travel rules alter
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 12
UPDATE: Covid-19 visitor entry around the region have 319 words, post on thethaiger.com at October 12, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.