HBO Max is the premium network’s streaming service to replace HBO Now and HBO Go, featuring all the channel’s programming plus an amped-up library of extra shows, movies and originals. The Witches, a reboot of the classic Roald Dahl book and 1990 film, is the latest exclusive to premiere on Max. But HBO Max has had a bumpy launch earlier this year, confusing some people and failing to attract millions of existing HBO subscribers who can upgrade to Max for free. And even months after launch, Max is still unavailable on Roku and Fire TV. Similar to rivals Netflix and Disney Plus, HBO Max is among the most expensive of the bunch. New subscribers can sign up and pay $15 a month after a weeklong free trial. That matches the price HBO already charges for its regular channel on most pay-TV providers and for its preexisting standalone streaming service, HBO Now. Some (but not all) current HBO customers can get HBO Max at no added cost. HBO’s various apps – HBO Go, HBO Now and now HBO Max — were winnowed down at the start of August. The company got rid of HBO Go, and HBO Now became a renamed app simply called HBO — so now the company has just two apps: an HBO… Read full this story
- CES 2021 trends in TV streaming, fitness apps, video chat software and more
- HBO Max: Everything to know, before WW84 is gone
- Why did The CW skyrocket to the top of the App Store?
- Best Streaming Service 2021: HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, And More
- 'Walker' Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Watch Online: All You Need to Know
- Google is changing Android TVs from March: What you should know
- Best Streaming Service In 2021: HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, And More
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about Disney's app
- AT&T will let you mix and match unlimited wireless plans
- 'Nancy Drew' Season 2: When It Airs and How to Watch Online
HBO Max: Everything to know about HBO's app have 314 words, post on www.cnet.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.