(CNN)The US Food and Drug Administration made clear Tuesday it will want to see two months of follow-up data after volunteers get their second vaccine doses for clinical trials testing potential coronavirus vaccines. That would make it difficult, if not impossible, for any vaccine maker to apply for emergency use authorization by Election Day, as President Trump has suggested, or by the end of October, as the CEO of Pfizer has hinted. The process will also make it “pretty darn hard for mischief,” National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins said Tuesday. The agency posted new guidance for manufacturers that says they need to provide at least two months of follow-up safety data after vaccinating volunteers before even asking the FDA to consider giving emergency use authorization (EUA) for a vaccine. The percentage of Americans who say they would get a Covid-19 vaccine is falling, CNN poll finds It made similar suggestions in documents for an October 22 meeting that has long been scheduled for vaccine advisers to meet and discuss requirements for either emergency use authorization or a full biologics license application for any potential coronavirus vaccine. Read More “Data from Phase 3 studies should include a median… Read full this story
- Israel says COVID-19 vaccine is only weeks away
- Researchers At Pitt Working To Safely And Quickly Develop COVID-19 Vaccine
- It’s going to take a lot longer to make a COVID-19 vaccine than a treatment
- Vietnamese PM lauds medical workers’ contributions to COVID-19 fight
- Coronavirus: What happens when a COVID-19 pandemic is declared?
- Italy is experiencing a COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, but I still plan to travel there with my family
- COVID-19: How to prepare for the virus
- Coronavirus update: Latest news on COVID-19 as health ministers gather, disease confirmed in new countries and questions arise about immunity
- Coronavirus outbreak has 'pandemic potential' but the COVID-19 outbreak can still be beaten, WHO says
- COVID-19: I am not so enthused about Nigeria’s preparedness — Enabulele, C’Wealth Medical Association President
FDA wants two months of safety data before considering Covid-19 vaccine have 323 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.