Photo: Melinda Sue Gordon Photo: Melinda Sue Gordon Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Melinda Sue Gordon ‘Tenet’ Hits $200 Million Globally, Despite Lackluster U.S. Box Office 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” crossed the $200 million mark globally, propped up by overseas grosses while U.S. cinemas struggle to draw audiences during the coronavirus pandemic. The time-bending sci-fi thriller generated $6.7 million in the U.S. and Canada during its second weekend of release, representing a 29% drop compared to opening weekend. Initially, Warner Bros., the studio behind “Tenet,” touted a $20 million debut. But a closer dissection of those numbers reveal they were heavily spun to include weekday preview screenings and the long holiday weekend. In reality, “Tenet” only made about $9 million between Friday and Sunday. More from Variety China Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Is No Hero With $23 Million Debut Warner Bros. Won’t Share ‘Tenet’ Box Office Data, Angering Rival Studios Disney’s ‘Mulan’ Makes Soft Start at China Box Office In an attempt to control the conversation around “Tenet’s” box office performance, Warner Bros. has been shielding domestic grosses for the film. Traditionally,… Read full this story
- Weekend Box Office: All hail the king,
- 'The Waterboy' Turns 20, But What's The All-Time Highest Grossing Football Movie At The Box Office?
- Chris Eubank Jr set to face Brit rival James DeGale on December 8 in London on ITV Box Office
- Report: Kobe Bryant’s stake in BodyArmor drink now worth $200 million
- Crusaders won't hit the panic button despite stunning defensive stat and slow start
- Whyte's box office journey can shake up Joshua vs Wilder dynamic
- As “Breaking Dawn” Shatters Box Office, Its Screenwriter Breaks New Ground With “Earthseed”
- Why Bohemian Rhapsody rocked the box office opening weekend
- James Cameron congratulates Marvel on beating Avatar at the box office
- BorgWarner to acquire electrification tech company Sevcon for $200 million
‘Tenet’ Hits $200 Million Globally, Despite Lackluster U.S. Box Office have 324 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.