Nvidia’s Ampere milkshake has brought all the kids out to play, including scalpers. As evidenced by a now removed Reddit discussion, eBay merchants are selling preorders of the GeForce RTX 3080 for extortionate prices.In view of its specifications, the GeForce RTX 3080 is poised to be one of the fastest gaming graphics cards on the planet. Marketing-wise, Nvidia isn’t holding anything back either. An Nvidia representative has assured gamers that the GeForce RTX 3080 will deliver an above 60 FPS gaming experience at 4K with maximum fidelity and ray tracing on. With such big promises, it’s not difficult to imagine why everyone wants a piece of the GeForce RTX 3080, even if it’s not for personal use.Related ReadingWhat makes the RTX 3080 so desirable? Our Ampere architecture deep dive digs into all the underlying changes that make this Nvidia’s largest generational performance increase ever.The GeForce RTX 3080 officially goes on sale on September 17, a mere three days from today. The Founders Edition sell for $699, while custom models are expected to retail for up to $900. However, opportunists on eBay are putting up GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition preorders for as high as $1,250, which is blatant price gouging.The… Read full this story
- XOTIC PC Desktops with New NVIDIA™ GeForce RTX GPUs Available for Preorder
- Nvidia unveils GeForce RTX 2070 & 2080 GPUs at Gamescom 2018
- NVIDIA announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080 and RTX 2070
- Sick scalpers sell Muhammad Ali funeral tickets on Craigslist in a show of disrespect to ‘The Greatest’
- Alienware Announces Upgraded Gaming Desktops With Nvidia RTX GPUs
- Senate targets scalpers as it passes bill that would clamp down on the use of bots that buy up tickets for resale
- Amid Hamilton’ frenzy, Straz season tickets sell out for the first time in history
- Ticketmaster claims scalper used illegal bots to buy thousands of high-demand tickets in new $10M suit
- PR powerhouse Kelly Cutrone is sick and tired of leeches selling invites to her clients' private Fashion Week shows
- Daily Drive Thru: Tesla to sell $2 billion-worth of stock, GM to compensate SUV buyers, FCA recalls half a million Jeeps, and more.
Scalpers Sell Preorders of GeForce RTX 3080 for Over $1,200 have 359 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.