People look for work at a job fair in HCM City. — VNS Photo Nguyễn Diệp HCM CITY - Enterprises in a number of sectors in HCM City need to recruit a large number of employees but are finding it difficult to fill positions despite numerous job losses amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Phan Minh Thông, director of Phúc Sinh Company, said his company was looking for quality assurance staff, salespeople and accountants. “We are willing to retrain new employees and also help the disadvantaged to find suitable jobs, but we still cannot recruit enough employees.” Many unemployed people are becoming choosier, comparing their previous salaries to new ones. Lê Thị Huệ, 22, who lost her job at Huê Phong Footwear Company in May due to a lack of orders, is still looking for a job. Many companies need garment workers, but Huệ wants to work at a leather and footwear company. “Some companies offer a low salary but a heavy workload,” she said. Lê Thị Kiều Phượng, director of the Job Service Centre under the city’s Department of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, said that connecting unemployed workers with employers has been difficult. Many people who have lost jobs have social welfare support and other unemployment allowances, and are waiting until COVID-19 is under control. Many unemployed want to relax for a few months instead of finding a new job. Labour demand The labour market… Read full this story
- Broader approach needed to recruit workers for childcare sector
- Number of those finding permanent work in Scotland rises
- Philip Hammond claims public-sector workers are ‘overpaid’ causing another cabinet clash
- More must be done to draw international workers to Denmark: DI
- County Council to make £3m bid to help ease social worker crisis
- £3m boost for frontline services in bid to help ease social worker crisis
- UK recruiters report slightly weaker demand for staff
- Why attending DataFest 18 could get you a pay rise
- Building trade hit by skills shortage
- With 70 per cent of carers loving their role, why not take on one of the 200,000 available jobs?
Recruitment demand rises, but employers can't find enough workers have 359 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.