WASHINGTON: US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died aged 87, the court said in a statement on Friday (Sep 18). She died of metastatic pancreatic cancer at her home in Washington, DC, surrounded by her family, the statement said. “Our nation has lost a jurist of historic stature,” Chief Justice John Roberts said in a statement. “We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn, but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her – a tireless and resolute champion of justice.” President Donald Trump, informed by reporters after a rally about the death of Ginsburg, said: “She was an amazing woman.” “She led an amazing life,” Trump said. In brief remarks to reporters before boarding the Air Force One following the Minnesota rally, Trump did not mention any potential plans to nominate a replacement. Ginsburg was first admitted to hospital in July for a suspected infection when she underwent an endoscopic procedure “to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August,” the Supreme Court said then. READ: US Supreme Court justice Ginsburg, 87, hospitalised She was hospitalised again at the end of July to undergo another “minimally… Read full this story
- 'The LEGO Movie 2' Cast Includes Social Media Icon/Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg salutes heroine of St. Paul's 'Stewardess!' play
- Movie review: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a rock star in 'RBG' doc
- 'RBG' a spirited biography on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Laments SCOTUS Confirmation Process: ‘A Highly Partisan Show’
- Things We Saw Today: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Imitates Kate McKinnon’s Impression of Her
- The new film 'RBG' reveals how Ruth Bader Ginsburg became a meme -- and why that's so surprising
- Before Ruth Bader Ginsburg Was A Meme, She Was A Feminist With A 'Radical Vision'
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Praises Brett Kavanaugh for Making History
- Exclusive 'On the Basis of Sex' Clip Reveals the Real Ruth Bader Ginsburg Helped with the Script
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at age 87 have 330 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 19, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.