(CBS/CNN) — Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine candidate begins Phase 3 trials in the United States Wednesday, including at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. Trials for the single-dose vaccine will include up to 60,000 adult participants at nearly 215 sites in the US and internationally. Phase 3 trials will begin immediately, with the first participants receiving doses on Wednesday, Johnson & Johnson Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Paul Stoffels said on a call with reporters. The vaccine candidate was developed by Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. READ MORE: Life Threatening Injuries After Several People Hit On High Street In Boston Johnson & Johnson is now the fourth company to begin large-scale clinical trials for a Covid-19 vaccine in the United States, behind Moderna in Cambridge, Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca. While the other vaccine candidates require two doses, Johnson & Johnson's candidate will be studied as a single-dose vaccine, which should expedite results, said Stoffels. "We're convinced that a single dose could be very efficacious," said Stoffels. Initial findings from the vaccine's Phase 1/2 trials in the United States and Belgium suggest that a single dose of the vaccine provokes an immune response and is safe enough… Read full this story
- OncBioMune’s Phase 2 Clinical Trial of ProscaVax for Early-Stage Prostate Cancer is Now Included on ClinicalTrials.gov
- Novel HIV vaccine candidate found safe and responsive
- Judge's hostility to pretrial coverage hurts public's understanding of judicial process
- Why incoming House speaker Glen Casada likens himself to an orchestra conductor
- Remembering the ‘real’ MKO Abiola, by Yemi Ogunbiyi
- Tennessee Democrats soul-search again after high hopes spoiled by another disappointing election
- Nigeria: Actor Chinedu Ikedieze A.k.a Aki Honoured in U.S.
- Kent, Sukup and Iowa Corn give $14 million for new ISU feed, grain complex
- Redevelopment plan around Mesa's Mormon temple grows, calling for more demolitions
- Turned down for federal disability payments, thousands die waiting for appeals to be heard
Johnson & Johnson’s Coronavirus Vaccine Enters Phase 3 Trial With Beth Israel have 320 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at September 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.