New Delhi: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India’s (IRDAI) has again made fresh plea to the Finance Ministry for reduction in GST of health and life insurance, a move, which if approved may lower the premiums of the insurance schemes. IRDAI has approached the Finance Ministry, requesting it to cut GST rates on life and health insurance premiums, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has once again highlighted the need and utility of having an insurance scheme. Sources told Zee Media that IRDAI has requested the Finance Ministry to reduce the GST on insurance from 18 percent to 5 percent. In the GST 18 percent bracket on insurance, the tax part for Rs 5,000 is estimated at Rs 900. It must be noted that IRDAI has for long been pressing for the demand to reduce GST on insurance. All eyes will now be upon the 42nd GST Council’s next meeting which is scheduled for September 19. In the 41st meeting of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council held in August, held deliberations via video conferencing on ways to make up for the shortfall in states’ revenues. The GST Council meeting comprises representatives of all states,… Read full this story
- Here’s how your insurance policy will look like in 2020
- More women putting a premium on their life
- Budget 2020: Financial sector firms pitch for tax break, GST cut
- Financial sector players demand reduction in GST on term insurance in Budget
- What's actually in the latest House GOP health care bill?
- Wrong to say DeMo, GST & bank mergers not working; these are teething troubles: FM
- Wrong to say DeMo, GST, bank mergers not working: FM
- The pushback over delays in GST transfers by the Centre is the latest instance of states’ growing assertion on the fiscal front
- Taking Stock: Sensex, Nifty close at record highs; all eyes now on GST council meeting
- Financial sector firms pitch for tax break, GST reduction at pre-Budget meeting with FM
IRDAI seeks GST rate cut on life, health insurance premiums; all eyes on GST Council's meeting on Sept 19 have 318 words, post on zeenews.india.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.