Kindly Share This Story:…JOHESU strike illegal, says FG By Johnbosco Agbakwuru HEALTH workers, under the aegis of Joint Health Sector Unions and Assembly of Health Care Professionals, JOHESU, have withdrawn their services due to Federal Government’s inability to meet their demands. The strike followed the expiration of the 15-day ultimatum by JOHESU to the Federal Government to meet its demands or it would down tools. The demands of the aggrieved workers include review of the defective implementation of COVID-19 special inducement and hazard allowance; payment of all withheld salaries of JOHESU members, including April and May 2018 salaries; and the adjustment of Consolidated Health Salary Structure, CONHESS, as was done with Consolidated Medical Salary Structure, CONMESS, since 2014. Others listed in the letter to the Federal Ministry of Health, with the reference number HQ/JOHESU/ADM/FMoH/VOL.II/55, are the implementation of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria, ADR, Consent judgment and other court judgments as well as the call to address the structural and infrastructural decay in the health sector. Already, the union has written the Federal Government, through the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, in fulfillment of Trade Dispute Act. Recall that the leadership of JOHESU had met with… Read full this story
- The Spanish health workers who make wishes come true
- More than 3,600 workers go on strike at Mack Truck plants in 3 states
- WHO welcomes Taliban decision to lift ban on health workers
- Nationwide strike over labor reform plans shutters Greece
- Tens of thousands of General Motors auto workers go on strike
- Postal workers go on strike over 'health and safety issue'
- French air industry workers go on strike (Washingtonpost - Flight School)
- Struck off health worker keeps job
- Health Workers to Get Help With Student Loan Debt
- Mack Truck Workers Go on Strike at Plants in Three States
Health workers declare nationwide strike have 315 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.