Europe and the United States need to stand united in a “new Cold War” against China regardless of who takes over the Oval Office following the upcoming presidential elections, said Peter Beyer, who is in charge of Germany’s transatlantic cooperation. The official noted that the two sides have more common interests than differences. “Europe and the United States must join together to face the enormous challenge that China constitutes. The new cold war between the United States and China has already started and will shape this century”, Beyer said in an interview with AFP. The official said that even if Democrat Joe Biden wins the presidential elections in November the controversial issues between Europe and the United States will not be resolved “overnight”, but noted that relations between the two would “become more reasonable, calculable and reliable again” and it would be easier to work with Biden than Trump. At the same time, Beyer admitted that a Donald Trump victory in the upcoming elections doesn’t mean that the ties between the two allies would deteriorate. “It won’t all be grim if Trump two comes. But it also won’t be better. Who is sitting in the White House is essential. But it… Read full this story
- Sen. Rick Scott: New Cold War – China threat is clear. Here's how US, allies must respond to defend freedom
- 'Like new Cold War' Russia hits US with new threats ahead of crucial Biden summit
- NATO summit: Boris Johnson says no one wants 'new Cold War' with China - as he admits Russian relations 'pretty disappointing'
- Blinken: US not in new cold war with China
- US funding act for technology really deployment for Cold War: China Daily editorial
- US and EU need to write the rules for new technologies before China, says US Secretary Raimondo
- China, Russia and America: A Cold War in Cold Space | Opinion
- Washington's Cold War mindset leading G-7 astray: China Daily
- NATO must 'stand up' to authoritarian regimes China and Russia, says Stoltenberg
- G7 to counter China's clout and the Belt and Road project, with big infrastructure project, says senior official
Europe and US Need to Stand United in a 'New Cold War' Against China, Says Senior German Official have 344 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 28, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.