5 California wildfires are forcing several Bay Area hospitals and nursing homes to evacuate patients, transfer residents and brace for an influx of new patients with smoke-related respiratory problems. This latest crisis is putting additional strain on a regional health care system already stretched thin due to the coronavirus pandemic. Adventist Health St. Helena hospital evacuated 51 patients Wednesday night, sending them to 10 nearby hospitals, including Queen of the Valley in Napa, Marin General and CPMC in San Francisco, said the hospital's public information officer, Linda Williams. The LNU Lightning Complex fire came within about 8 miles of the hospital, but the facility has not sustained any damage, Williams said. On Friday, evacuation orders in Healdsburg included Pacifica Senior Living, a senior home that includes skilled nursing and assisted living. A receptionist said the facility has orders to evacuate and is ready to go, but declined to elaborate on how many residents would be relocated or when. The smaller Loyalton Fire (Sierra County) and the Jones Fire (Nevada County) have also prompted evacuations by a few senior living facilities there, said Jason Beldon of the California Association of Health Facilities, which helps coordinate disaster planning for long-term care facilities… Read full this story
- David Ortiz released from hospital for home rehabilitation
- 'Silicon Valley' Nails the Bay Area's Tech Culture
- Southeast Texas hospitals scrambling to withstand Hurricane Harvey
- Home healthcare at the crossroads as market expands
- Marin County vegetation fire prompts evacuation orders
- Hurricane Irma forces nearly 3 dozen Florida hospitals to evacuate
- Is health sector job growth bad for hospitals?
- Chemical leak at New Hampshire hospital nearly causes 20 patients and staff to lose consciousness … this is a place of HEALING?
- California Wildfires Result In 12000 Evacuations
- Death of 19 firefighters in Arizona begs the question: Why do we keep putting out forest fires in the first place?
Wildfires force evacuations at Bay Area hospitals and nursing homes already strained by COVID-19 have 296 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 21, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.