The president appeared to reverse course on his opposition toward Democrats’ demands to boost funding for the U.S. Postal Service, telling reporters Thursday he wouldn’t rule out signing legislation bolstering the nation’s mail carrier, CBS News campaign reporter Nicole Sganga reports. “One of the reasons the post office needs that much money is to have all of these millions of ballots coming in from nowhere,” Trump said, discrediting vote-by-mail without evidence. CBS News politics reporter Grace Segers reports in an interview with Fox Business on Thursday, Mr. Trump criticized a $3.4 trillion coronavirus relief bill passed by House Democrats in May, which included provisions that would provide $25 billion for the USPS and $3.5 billion in election assistance to states because the money would be used to facilitate mail-in voting for November’s elections. The Senate refused to act on the House bill, and negotiations between Democrats and the White House over a new relief package remain stalled.”They want $25 billion, billion, for the post office. Now, they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Mr. Trump said. “But if they don’t get those two items, that means… Read full this story
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says the Kurds are Assad's problem now and ANYONE is welcome to help protect them as he invites Russia, China and 'Napoleon Bonaparte' to step up - while revealing sanctions on Turkey
- U.S. federal court rules against Trump administration's rule on vulnerable immigrants
- China says postal fees to rise after US complaint
- What the papers say: China, kringling and rising postal prices
- How the past informs Trump’s vision of America’s future
- Donald Trump should go to PRISON according to majority of Democrats in early voting primary states as just 1 in 6 don't want the president impeached
- Mark Zuckerberg has been holding secret meetings with conservative pundits after Trump threatened to sue Facebook because he 'is concerned the Justice Department, under Bill Barr, will bring an enforcement action to break up the company'
- US set to stay in global postal union after reform deal reached
- Rudy Giuliani's arrested associate met Donald Trump BEFORE he even began his campaign, new photograph shows - and was at invite-only election night celebration
- Trump immigration agenda in peril after rulings, Kevin McAleenan departure
Trump says he wouldn't rule out more funding for Postal Service have 384 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.