RACISM in the Monarchy “played a role” in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s decision to quit the Royal Family, the author of a new biography claimed today. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex dramatically announced they were stepping down in January and moving to LA just months later to start their new life. ⚠️ Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple. A new biography, Finding Freedom, will be released tomorrow – giving an insight into just why they decided to leave the Firm so abruptly. Speaking to Good Morning America today, co-author Omid Scobie was quizzed over whether their decision had boiled down to race as Meghan is mixed race. He replied: “In terms of ticking those boxes that may ruffle feathers within an ancient institution such that of the monarchy, she really ticked all of them.”Race did play a role.” The author, who is mixed race himself, recounted his own experience with a senior aide close to the Queen, claiming that the individual had expressed surprise at his posh English accent. Mr Scobie explained: “The senior aide close to the Queen said ‘I would never have expected you to speak like that’…. Read full this story
- Princess Beatrice called out for 'copying' Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's engagement photos
- EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle uses break from royal duties to team up with her old Hollywood PR guru on plan for raising 'tens of millions' for her and Prince Harry's charity
- Work mode on: 3 days after baby's birth, Prince Harry resumes royal duties
- New Christmas film gives adorable nod to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry and royal fans are loving it
- ITV's Tom Bradby reveals he tried to teach Meghan Markle about Britain's close ties with the monarchy when she first met Prince Harry - and admits his friendship with the royals is 'complex'
- Renowned Feminist Predicts Meghan Markle Will "Bolt" From Royal Marriage
- Is That Meghan Markle? Lifetime's New TV Movie Actress Looks Like the Real Person
- 'Not many people have asked if I'm OK': 'Vulnerable' Meghan Markle is close to tears as she reveals ordeal of media spotlight during her pregnancy and as a new mum
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's royal wedding: Here's how to livestream the spectacle
- Meghan Markle travels to London after wrapping up Suits - details
Racism in the Monarchy ‘played a role’ in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry quitting Royal Family, author claims have 377 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.