Video PlayerClose LONDON, Aug. 29 (Xinhua) — The past 10 years have seen “sound development in China-UK bilateral relations,” including the growth of trade, Chinese investment in Britain and the number of Chinese students in the country, a spokesperson of the Chinese embassy in Britain said Saturday. The spokesperson made the statement in response to a report carried by The Times newspaper on Friday, which said that “the number of Chinese diplomats in the UK has risen by almost a quarter in the past decade, prompting renewed concerns over the country’s political influence in Britain”, and that “Chinese diplomats around the world have been accused of displaying so-called ‘wolf warrior’ diplomacy during the coronavirus pandemic.” “The past 10 years have seen sound development in China-UK bilateral relations,” during which a visit by the Chinese leader to Britain in 2015 unveiled the “golden era” of China-Britain relations, the spokesperson said. In these 10 years, trade between the two countries doubled; Chinese investment in Britain increased 20 times; Chinese students in Britain increased from 100,000 to 220,000; Britain became the largest recipient of Chinese students in Europe, the spokesperson noted. “The two countries also kept close communication regarding regional and international hot… Read full this story
- Trump's trade battle with China hits home in Arkansas townYou may also be interested in...
- China’s Consumption Downgrade: Skip Avocados, Cocktails and Kids
- As trade battle rages with China, an Arkansas town waits and worries
- China Rescue Vessel in Disputed Sea Described as Public Relations Move
- Donald Trump Says Top U.S Diplomat Not Going to North Korea, Blames China and Says Hi to Kim Jong Un
- China Lashes Out as Retaliatory Moves Fail to Stop Trump Trade Actions
- China withdraws approval for Facebook's planned venture in Zhejiang
- China offers post-Brexit trade talks with Britain, says Jeremy Hunt
- China’s Mistress-Dispellers
- South China Sea militarization part of larger Chinese challenge to U.S. power
Past decade has seen "sound development in China-UK relations": embassy spokesperson have 303 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.