(CNN)When Suzanne Wright got the phone call on Tuesday that her 84-year-old mother, who lives in a Florida nursing home 1,600 miles away, tested positive for Covid-19, she was a little perplexed. “My first feeling was, how is this possible? I just got a call in the middle of last week that she was negative,” said Wright, who lives in Arizona. The nursing home had 11 case the week prior, “their first big run of cases among residents,” said Wright, adding that some staff had also tested positive. Wright’s mother, who has Alzheimer’s, is on the leading edge of worrisome national trend: Confirmed Covid-19 cases in US nursing homes are rising rapidly again after a steady decline in June. The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), which released a report this week highlighting the steep increase in cases, said it’s no surprise. Read More “As we feared and have been warning government leaders over the past couple months, the spike in COVID cases in the general population across the U.S. has led to increased cases in nursing homes,” Mark Parkinson, president and CEO of the AHCA/NCAL, told CNN via email. The AHCA/NCAL report used data… Read full this story
- Arkansas DHS to take over two nursing homes from faltering national chain Skyline
- Nursing homes in New Mexico rank at the bottom
- New Mexico nursing homes at bottom, analysis shows
- Inadequate oversight allows poor care at California nursing homes to go unchecked, state audit finds
- Weak Oversight Blamed For Poor Care At California Nursing Homes Going Unchecked
- Lax oversight of temporary staff at nursing home where Herbert R. McMaster Sr. died last month
- 'It’s like ‘Mean Girls,’ but everyone is 80': How nursing homes deal with bullies
- Louisiana nursing home eviction notices 'start a panic'
- Feral Cats Have Colonized a South County Nursing Home. Neighbors Are Pissed
- Feds: FL inspectors didn't ensure hundreds of problems at nursing homes corrected
After declining, Covid-19 cases are rising again in US nursing homes have 321 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.