LAKE FOREST, IL — Students at public schools in Lake Forest and Lake Bluff have a chance of returning to school next month after the Lake Forest High School District 115 board unanimously rejected administrators’ recommendation to start the 2020-21 school year with a full semester of remote learning. At a nearly four-hour special meeting Monday evening, Superintendent Mike Simeck and Principal Chala Holland laid out a plan to restrict campus to staff and targeted groups of students, with some options for indoor and outdoor extracurricular activities. “At this time, our remote option is the best option to support student learning in a safe and consistent manner,” they told the board in a memo ahead of the meeting. Simeck said most surrounding high school districts in Lake County had opted to start the year without any in-person instruction and that New Trier High School was the only peer district that was on track to start the year with a hybrid of in-person and e-learning. “We believe this is a plan that is best for all students overall, we did not reach this decision lightly,” Simeck said. “We believe it’s best for our high school community as a whole as well.”… Read full this story
- Machine Learning: Why the Time is Ripe for Rapid Prototyping Tech Videos Featured Products Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- Hands-on With TurtleBot 3, a Powerful Little Robot for Learning ROS
- Want your child to learn STEM skills? Check out these robot kits for kids
- Will We Ever Have Just One Remote Control?
- Spectra electric skateboard packs self-learning AI, emergency braking
- Smart-home remotes want to replace your phone, but they have their own issues
- Sprint paid consultants $25 million for recommendations that were rejected
- NevoSL Universal Controller Remote
- These ridiculously fun remote-control toys will make you feel like a kid again
- LA education officials reject iPad in favor of laptops for schools
LFHS Board Rejects Recommendation For Fully Remote Learning have 304 words, post on patch.com at July 29, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.