The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 273,482 cases in California, including 6,456 deaths. • 30,204 in the Bay Area, including 612 deaths. • More than 2.9 million in the U.S., including over 130,248 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 32,219; New Jersey with 15,229; Massachusetts with 8,198; Illinois with 7,026; and Pennsylvania with 6,754. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 11.5 million in the world, with more than 536,000 deaths. More than 6.2 million people have recovered. Resources on COVID-19 and California’s reopening: Use our interactive page to track the state and Bay Area’s reopening by county. For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: 9:49… Read full this story
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Electoral College cements Biden’s win as nation’s 46th president
- Live updates: It’s Inauguration Day for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Bay Briefing: New coronavirus variant on rise in California, tied to Kaiser ER outbreak
- Several gorillas test positive for coronavirus at San Diego park
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: Jan. 14-20
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry mark one year since their decision to step back from royal life
Coronavirus live updates: California breaks record, again, for most new cases in a day have 264 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at July 7, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.