Gun rights activist Lauren Boebert defeated Rep. Scott TiptonScott R. TiptonProgressive Bowman ousts Engel in New York primary Hillicon Valley: QAnon scores wins, creating GOP problem | Supreme Court upholds regulation banning robocalls to cellphones | Foreign hackers take aim at homebound Americans | Uber acquires Postmates On The Trail: Trump, coronavirus fuel unprecedented voter enthusiasm MORE (R) in a Republican primary, delivering a surprise upset over the five-term lawmaker.Boebert gained national recognition for her ownership of Shooters Grill, a restaurant that drew headlines for allowing its waiting staff to openly carry firearms.Colorado’s 3rd District, which spans from the northwest of the state to the southeast plains, is 99 percent rural and leans Republican. It last elected a Democrat in 2008 before then-Rep. John Salazar (D) was ousted in 2010 by Tipton.ADVERTISEMENTTipton, who was endorsed by President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump nomination to be held in private: report Graham defends Trump on TikTok, backs Microsoft purchase Federal appeals court rejects Stormy Daniels libel case against Trump MORE, is now the third GOP lawmaker to be defeated this cycle after Rep. Steve KingSteven (Steve) Arnold KingThe Hill’s Campaign Report: Biden builds big lead in battleground Florida Progressive Bowman ousts Engel in New York primary Colorado GOP Rep. Scott… Read full this story
- “It’s time to stop censoring”: Senate candidates frustrated with Colorado Democratic Party rules
- College Football - No 24 Alabama Stuns No 9 Clemson, East Carolina Upsets No 17 Virginia Tech
- Now Who Was It That Said, Washington Is Broken?
- Clinton and Obama - A Fierce Competition Or A Union Of Like Minds?
- Florida Marlins, The Team, The Player, and The World Series
- Hillary Clinton 'Concedes', Sorta
- College Football - Only 5 Games Highlight First Week, 29 Others Must Win Their Opener
- 2020 Democrats face off in debate tonight: 8 things to watch
- The Arrogance of Inevitability - McCain's Victory Due to Giuliani's Missteps
- The Development of Old Age and Related Issues
Colorado GOP Rep. Scott Tipton defeated in primary upset have 308 words, post on thehill.com at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.