More than two dozen people are in quarantine after a 15-year-old boy died of bubonic plague sparking fears of a fresh Black Death outbreak. Mongolia’s health ministry announced the teen’s death, saying he fell ill after eating raw marmot meat with two of his friends. The boy’s two friends and 15 other people have been isolated and treated with antibiotics at local hospitals, and curfews have been imposed in six districts. Eleven people associated with a second contact have also been forced to isolate, according to health officials. The 15-year-old boy’s death was initially being treated as a suspected case, but an official from the health ministry told reporters on Tuesday that lab test results had confirmed the teen was killed by bubonic plague. The boy, who lived in the province of Govi-Altai in western Mongolia, came down with a high fever and died after he ate marmot meat with two of his friends three days before his death. The marmot had been hunted by a dog. Dorj Narangerel, a health ministry official, said: “The result of a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test revealed on Monday night that bubonic plague caused the death of a 15-year-old boy.” The teenager died… Read full this story
- The world was told the 12 Thai cave boys would swim to freedom but that was a LIE to soothe their parents - as a new book reveals how they were drugged and handcuffed before they were rescued
- Inuits fear the curse of HMS Terror has been reawakened by divers disturbing shipwrecks of doomed Arctic voyage that inspired TV horror series - and is claiming lives in their isolated hamlet
- Horror as man, 29, is stabbed to death near inflatable sumo wrestling ring outside 30th birthday party at north London football club - as police launch capital's second murder probe in just 24 hours and the 109th of 2019
- Samoan nurses jailed over deaths of two babies who were given incorrectly mixed vaccines
- Antivaxxers and the Plague of Science Denial
- Thai cave rescue: All 12 boys and coach rescued after marathon ordeal
- Another victim of Bloodbath Britain: Mother's agony as son, 17, dies after being stabbed three times in chest in Kensington - in 'fourth attempt on his life' - as four teenagers are arrested over his murder
- Nice's tragic tots: Heartbreaking images of children STILL missing as fears grow for toddler in Nice hospital with 'no visitors'
- Neighbor of Georgia homeowner who shot dead THREE teenage boys in a 'stand your ground' case reveals the man is a 'quiet, hardworking truck driver' - and says one boy died in his arms
- Eric Garner chokehold death: No indictment for NYPD cop, DOJ to open civil rights probe
Bubonic plague fears as dozens forced to quarantine after boy, 15, dies of Black Death have 440 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.