Jane Levy, Jameela Jamil, Robin Thede and Amy Sedaris also get (very) candid about the shocking roles they’ve passed on (“I don’t want to just be someone’s f*** toy”) the perks of playing ugly (“The uglier the better”) and, in this moment, the stories that they’re eager to tell. Tiffany Haddish has been so desperate for a connection in these trying times, she’s started performing stand-up for her plants. And since those plants aren’t as responsive as she’d like, she’s “been playing YouTube videos of babies laughing and my old comedy tapes [to hear] audiences,” the star of Netflix’s Black Mitzvah and TBS’ The Last O.G. reveals on a mid-June afternoon, as part of The Hollywood Reporter’s virtual Comedy Actress Roundtable. “I’m an addict for laughter,” Haddish adds. “It’s like I need it to function.” The admission resonated with the other actresses — The Great’s Elle Fanning, A Black Lady Sketch Show’s Robin Thede, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’s Jane Levy, The Good Place’s Jameela Jamil and At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Amy Sedaris — who have also used this period of reflection to consider the stories that they want to be a part of and the characters they want to play…. Read full this story
- So Today - The Rising Fame of Hilary Duff
- Workout Tips From Hollywood Fitness Babes
- Movies - Can "Romantic Comedy" Survive the 21st Century?
- Breaking Into Hollywood - How Do I Translate the Entertainment Trades Into Project Sales?
- How To Choose Decorative Ceiling Fans That Match The Decor Of Your Home
- Credit Report Score: Work The Right Way
- Understanding Your Credit Report - The Basics
- The Easy Way To Gain Access To Your Free Online Credit Report
- Consumer Report On Air Purifiers Through Air Purifier Surveys
- Credit Reports and What to Do With Them
"We Are Hilarious and Filthy and Complicated and Interesting": Tiffany Haddish, Elle Fanning and The Hollywood Reporter Comedy Actress Roundtable have 324 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at June 18, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.